Cross Made with Sabor Papel's Amor Collection

Cross Made with Sabor Papel's Amor Collection
Click image to see more of Sabor Papel's Paper Collection

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

From Toolbox Find to Treasure



 Hola everyone!!   I am having the best time crafting while celebrating Earth Day all month long.  I was poking around in the garage and noticed my hubby's toolbox was open.   The first thing that caught my eye were these shiny round things.  Aha!!  Instant inspiration!!!  

I asked him if I could have a few, and of course he said yes.  He just shook his head because he knew I was up to something.  The shape reminded me of those boho necklaces I have seen in San Francisco and I just knew that Sabor Papel's  papers would turn these old washers into treasure!






Supplies I used:
Various size washers
scissors
pencil
glue
sand paper
inks
Mod Podge




1.  Trace washer outline onto patterned paper.  Make sure to trace center hole too. 





 2.  Cut out pattern with fussy cut scissors and glue onto washer.  I use Beacon's 3 in 1 to do this.  It is very tacky and will hold it forever. Embellish with other glued on cutouts if you like.   Let dry thoroughly.






 3.  Once dry, sand edges with sanding block.  I used a rolled up piece of sandpaper to sand the middle hole.  Ink if desired.  Seal all sides with Mod Podge and allow to dry completely.  





4.  When dry, use any necklace string or ribbon you want.  I used some recycled tie strings I saved from an old hoodie I had.  It was a fun and easy project to make.  I think it would be a great idea as a party activity or even for a Make  N Take.


 Thank you visiting the blog today.  I hope you are inspired to look around your home to see what you might find to up-cyle in your crafting this month.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about this project.  Be sure to visit www.saborpapel.com for more inspiration and to view their website gallery and blog.  You will enjoy it.  Click here to pick up some paper of your own and be inspired to create beautiful things!!!


Love and Blessings,

Erminda


No comments:

Post a Comment